We believe oral health is an essential component of overall health and well-being. Poverty, racial and ethnic disparities, geography and dental disease are closely related and connect to other issues that impact health, economic stability, and quality of life for Maine families. To create sustained improvement in children’s oral health, we must cultivate relationships and trust among all stakeholders so that we can advance new solutions to this age-old challenge.
Partnership CouncilProvides collaborative leadership by building relationships and trust among network partners, convening action teams, guiding strategy, coordinating communications and ensuring accountability to the shared mission.
A Supporting Non-profit (501c3)has been established to provide backbone support for the Partnership, managed by a Board of Directors (Andrew Klingenstein, Dr. Barbara Crowley, and Dr. Steve Mills) and the Executive Director, Becca Matusovich. Provides leadership and backbone support, galvanizes Partnership development, coordinates the Partnership Council, supports action teams and facilitates the Partnership communications and financing strategies.
Action TeamsGroups of individuals with expertise and experience across key sectors leading the implementation of priority strategies. Teams will establish common understanding of the current systems impacting oral health outcomes and will co-design and collaboratively execute strategies to improve results.
The Partnership's Roadmap
Innovations in Treating & Preventing Dental Disease
- Silver Diammine fluoride
- Innovative protocols for managing dental disease
Dental Homes for All Kids, Young Adults & Pregnant Women
- Financially sustainable business models for MaineCare & sliding fee scales
- Workforce capacity and interprofessional training/collaboration
Preventing Care in School and Community Settings
- Screenings, referrals, fluoride varnish, sealants in schools and pre-schools
- Partnerships with academic programs and local providers to deliver preventive services
Community Navigation Supports
- Community health worker roles
- Include oral health in existing community-based parent supports
State Government's Oral Health Functions
- Implementation Grants
- Policy & Advocacy
- Build Relationships & Trust
- Engage Community Voices
- Focus on Equity
- Ensure Shared Learning